The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Western District Conference will be held April 10-12, 2019 in downtown Phoenix. The conference will be hosted by the PRSA Phoenix chapter and seeks breakout session speakers and panelists from around the U.S., PRSA members and non-members alike, for a variety of topics relating to the public relations industry. To apply and/or share with your colleagues and professional associations, click http://prsawesterndistrict.
org/become-a-speaker/ and note that the proposal deadline will be Friday, November 16, 2018.
Priority will be given to proposals that are visionary, forward-thinking and new. The official conference hashtag will be #PRMatters and attendees are particularly interested in resources and learning opportunities within the following subject categories:
- Advocacy: communicating the role and value of public relations; issues in public relations
- The Business Case for Public Relations: educating key audiences about public relations’ roles and outcomes, tactics and strategies; demonstrating the strategic value of public relations; research and measurement tools
- The C’s of Public Relations, including and not limited to: catalysts of change, community, communications, crises, convergence, creativity, content, collaboration, character, confidence and management control
- Communities: exchange of ideas, strengthening relationships among constituents, with the media and other partners
- Diversity and Inclusion: champion diversity of thought, cultures, disciplines, ideals, gender and age; benefits of diversity and inclusion; reaching niche audiences
- Education: lifelong learning; practical and professional guidance; business and management principles
- Ethics: comment on different vehicles on current issues having ethical implications for the profession; topical analyses and case studies
- Excellence: innovation; motivation; emerging trends; maintaining a knowledge-based culture; collaboration; best practices
Please read through the proposal guidelines carefully at http://prsawesterndistrict.
org/become-a-speaker/ to ensure that your application meets the criteria. Also, please consider sharing with your colleagues and professional associations (and post on your/their social media accounts, too, if permissible). Again, note that the proposal deadline will be Friday, November 16, 2018.
Call for Speakers, PRSA Western District Conference