Ever wonder how a United States Navy aircraft carrier handles PR? Us too. Attend this members-only tour of the USS Carl Vinson. Led by Dave Bennett, APR, public affairs officer for the U.S. Navy and PRSA SD/IC member, this tour will bring the scope and mission of an aircraft carrier to light and show the public relations capabilities of an on-ship media department: print shop, TV studio, graphics department, and more.
This event is open to PRSSA, UCSD UCS, or PRSA SD/IC members only.
- Members (PRSSA, UCSD UCS, or PRSA SD/IC): FREE. First come, first served.
Directions: Cross Coronado Bridge. Stay straight on 3rd Street and in the left lane until you see the main gate to Naval Air Station North Island. From there, we’ll consolidate cars (fill seats 4-5 per car) and will escort vehicles to the ship.
- 12:45 PM: Attendees arrive at Naval Air Station North Island front gate
- 12:45-12:55 PM: Guests enter naval base, cars escorted to USS Carl Vinson
- 1 PM: Tour of USS Carl Vinson begins
- 2:30 PM: Tour concludes, guests exit naval base
Attire: Casual, comfortable clothing with closed-toed shoes (flip-flops and sandals not permitted, heels are not ideal for this tour).
Additional Details: Attendees must be physically able to ascend and descend 10 flights of stairs. No weapons, knives, or flammable materials should be on person or in vehicles when entering base.
Swag: Coffee mugs, coins, ball caps, shirts, and more will be available for purchase (cash only).
Questions? Reach out to Giovanna Castro at email@example.com.