PRSA Inland Empire chapter welcomes public relations, marketing, and communications professionals from all over the region to attend the annual Western District Conference, March 2 to 3 in historic downtown Riverside.
An affordable two-day conference offering you fresh, innovative thinking and clear takeaways. But through it all one thing is constant: #PRMatters.
Keynote: Ryan Holiday
Trust Me I’m Lying: The Future of Media and PR
Media expert and writer Ryan Holiday looks at the converging trends of media–clickbait, fake news, virality, trolling, polarization–and what they mean in the aftermath of the most contentious and divisive election in history. The last few years have validated many of the predictions in Ryan’s bestselling book, Trust Me I’m Lying, and he’s here to discuss their impact on public relations, marketing and culture.
Staying Relevant in 2017
A Professional Panel moderated by Fred Cook, Director, USC Center for Public Relations
The USC Center for Public Relations at the Annenberg School recently published The Relevance Report, a forecast of topics and trends that will be important to communicators in 2017. The inaugural report is a collection of 32 essays from industry leaders and academics touching on topics related to media, technology, branding and people. In this not-to-be-missed panel discussion, Golin CEO Fred Cook has brought together several contributors to the report to share some of these valuable insights including Jian “Jay” Wang, Deanne Yamamoto, and Alex Cohen.
Jane Dvorak, APR, Fellow PRSA
Morning Keynote Speaker
$325 PRSA Member / $375 PRSA Non-Member Rate includes:
- Thursday Sessions
- Friday Sessions
- All Keynotes
- Food throughout event
$197 PRSA Member / $247 PRSA Non-Member Rate includes:
- Keynote Presentation and Lunch on Friday Only
Breakout Sessions include:
- Transforming Volunteers Into Brand Ambassadors, Ben Reno-Weber
- Social Technology Is Changing Employee Communication, Carrie Basham Young
- Winning Better Clients Against Tough Competition, David Avrin
- The Power of Linkedin, Lisa Caprelli
- Why Cause Marketing (Still) Matters, Scott Pansky
- Creating a Trigger System for an Integrated Marketing Machine, Mike Schaffer
- Evolve or Bust: Tools for Today’s PR Pro, Kristin Hege
- Lessons from the Red Carpet: What Brands Can Learn From Awards Season, Rosalind Jarrett Sepulveda, Susan J. Ashbrook
- Practical Techniques for Creative Business Writing, Greg Thilmont
- Growing Your Firm with ‘Smarketing’ Lead Generation, Frank Cowell
- The Power of Livestreaming: It’s Not An Option, Mitch Jackson
- Tear Down the Wall: Taking Advantage of Collaboration Between Sales And PR, Robin Doerr, MBA
- The Role of Social Media and Other New Technology in the 2016 Election, Kara Alaimo, Ph.D.
More speakers to be announced!
Expose your business to over 200 PR, communications, and marketing professionals from California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, and Hawaii! Find out more about sponsorship.