Website Bay Bird Inc
Top Lifestyle Public Relations and Marketing Firm
Bay Bird Inc, a leading boutique lifestyle public relations and marketing firm headquartered in San Diego, California, has an immediate opening for an experienced Lifestyle Publicist. This exceptional communications rock star will work in concert with the San Diego team to spearhead and assist in the leadership of a range of dynamic, award-winning lifestyle accounts.
This mid-level position requires a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience working in a lifestyle public relations agency or related environment. The Publicist position both supports the individual PR team with various administrative tasks and in the development and execution of PR plans and strategies, but also assists with the overall management of the client portfolio. This team member will support the Senior Publicist, Agency Manager, Director and CEO of the company, and will also help to oversee junior level staff and interns.
This is an opportunity to be a part of our growing firm, a female owned and operated ‘nest’ of culture ambassadors — passionate, results-driven publicists and media experts. This is a full-time position with opportunities for growth.
Publicist, San Diego
Duties will likely include:
- Lead and/or assist in the management of select lifestyle accounts and serve as the liaison between the media and client
- Participate in team brainstorms and provide recommendations for communications strategies
- Develop/maintain strong media contacts in print, broadcast and online to help fulfill requests for client information and creative assets
- Conceptualize and develop engaging, thoughtful pitches, press releases and media alerts to inform targeted media of new client developments
- Coordinate and facilitate interviews and media opportunities for clients
- Create strategic plans and set benchmarks for success and measurement
- Maintain accurate media lists and track press coverage for monthly reporting
- Develop press releases, pitches and internal supporting documents
- Create compelling social media content, both from a verbal as well as an image perspective, and/or work with our Digital Marketing team to ensure client messaging is consistent and on brand across all platforms
- Plan and execute client on or off-site activations – from invite list procurement to day-of ground support
- Coordinate client photos shoots and develop shot lists accordingly
- Assist with the management of our company internship program
Our ideal candidate should be an extremely creative, proactive PR professional with a proven track record of assisting with all facets of lifestyle public relations and will possess all of the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience beyond internships working with clients in consumer lifestyle arenas: craft beverage, health/wellness, fashion, art/design, and consumer products (CPG experience is a big plus) – either with an agency or in-house position
- A deep passion and understanding of lifestyle PR
- An outstanding grasp of the written and spoken word
- Experience working directly with media on a local, regional and national level (producers, bloggers, editors, freelance writers and reporters)
- Must be a strong communicator, able to support story angles with relevant, engaging pitch material, including tying in story lines with select social media platforms that will be managed in-house
- Able to develop social media content to correspond with a client’s in-house sales and brand messaging
- The candidate must be an excellent storyteller throughout every online and offline engagement opportunity
- Possess a vibrant personality and be inherently clued into the trends and culture of now – a rock star
Commensurate with experience
*Competitive incentive program
*Paid time off
*Generous paid holiday package
*Monthly stipends (cell, parking)
*Restaurant client trade
*Unparalleled company culture
Resumes with salary requirements and any written or visual samples you would like to ‘wow’ us with should be included in your response and sent to agency CEO, Peyton Robertson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are sincerely interested in this position, we suggest being creative in your response.
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com