Website Carlsbad Educational Foundation
- Are you a communication professional who would like to apply your skills to help Carlsbad students achieve their greatest potential?
- Would you enjoy a flexible, part-time schedule working in a professional, high-energy and creative environment?
- Does collaborating with communication industry leaders and major corporate partners in the technology, tourism and arts sound like fun?
Then, this could be the right job for you.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is primarily responsible for creating and implementing public relations and marketing programs to support the Carlsbad Educational Foundation and its programs.
- Two or more years of marketing or public relations experience.
- Experience working with vendors, board members and volunteers a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Emphasis on general marketing, writing, public relations, branding and social media.
- Effective written, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience in K-12 education a benefit.
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple projects and operate effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- We are looking for a professional, positive team-player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Experience working with website content management systems a plus.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan
- Develop content for and manage the production of all community and donor communication, including newsletters, website, annual reports and brochures
Oversee professional graphic designers to produce effective marketing materials
- Coordinate marketing activities with community partners, including Carlsbad Magazine, LEGOLAND California, the Carlsbad Unified School District, corporate sponsors and others
- Work with the CEO to manage and train staff, volunteers, board members and others around marketing and social media activities
- Lead the foundation’s marketing committee (made up of board members and industry professionals) and participate on special event committee
- Manage project-related and marketing budgets
Write news releases and work with media to generate news coverage of the foundation and its programs
- Manage the CEF website including developing content and coordination with hosting company
Manage the foundation’s social media presence
- Manage email marketing program, including developing content and optimizing schedule and frequency based on analytics
- Other key duties as assigned
This is a part-time position is an hourly position based upon experience. We provide benefits for employees working more than 30 hours per week.
Hours and Schedule
30 hours per week. Position requires daily commitments, schedule may vary.
Hourly rate: DOE
Position Location: 5631 Palmer Way, Suite L, Carlsbad, CA 92010
Phone: (760) 929-1555
Applicants should forward a copy of resume and cover letter by e-mail.
Carlsbad Educational Foundation Mission Statement
The mission of the Carlsbad Educational Foundation is to support the education of every child in the Carlsbad Unified School District by developing, conducting and financing innovative and quality programs and projects.
Kids’ Care Mission Statement (a program of CEF)
Our mission is to serve Carlsbad Unified School District parents with safe, high-quality enriched childcare before and after school on elementary campuses. We will be recognized by parents as providing top-quality, enrichment-based childcare.
Carlsbad Educational Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A diverse applicant pool is desired
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org