Website County of San Diego
Group Communication Officer Recruitment
The County of San Diego is now hiring for Group Communications Officer. Group Communications Officers oversee, develop, and coordinate the communications program for a County functional group or agency. This position advises and assists management with public information/relations activities. This position oversees all media and communications within a group to ensure accuracy and effectiveness. Other responsibilities include collaborating and coordinating with the County Communications Office to complete the group’s communication efforts. There are two current vacancies: one in the Health and Human Services Agency and one in the Public Safety Group; but may be used in other County departments.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
· Effectively support County executives in presenting a credible public image;
· Support and administer with the development and implementation of communication strategies and products;
· Establish effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives, subject matter experts, reporters, and the public representing diverse cultures and backgrounds;
· Experience translating, formulating, and relaying technical and coherent materials for public use;
· Exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions and releasing information;
· Knowledge of current communication, media, and public affairs trends and technology including the ability to effectively utilize social media.
Examples of qualifying education/experience:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certified foreign studies equivalency in communications, journalism, public relations, or a closely related field; AND,
1. Two (2) years as a Communications Specialist with the County of San Diego, OR,
2. Four (4) years of full-time experience in public or community relations involving the dissemination of information to the public through various forms of communications media.
Note: Additional years of experience as described above may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/hr/ →