All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Reporting to the social media manager, the candidate will be responsible for sourcing content and posting on existing social channels, building campaigns, and maintenance and reporting of social media activity using established monitoring tools. Candidate will collaborate with marketing communication managers, social media manager, and others to execute tactical plans and generate measurable and meaningful social media impact. Candidate will oversee the performance of social media campaigns including researching, monitoring and reporting results. Candidate will identify social trends and make optimization recommendations to the social media team.
All About You
- Hands-on management of social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) including planning and implementing a monthly editorial calendar, and sourcing content about genomics that is relevant to scientists, healthcare professionals and the general public
- Leverage measurement tools (such as Adobe Social, Hootsuite, Sprinklr,) to provide campaign progress reports, including social platform use, engagement, and other relevant indicators
- Work with market communication managers and social manager to set up and refine social listening rules for relevant market segments, pre-crisis identification, and other business needs
- Mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Stay up-to-date on changes/advancements in social media algorithms and analysis/listening tools
- 3-5 years of experience required in content creation, data analysis, report dashboards, web-based analytics, social media metrics, third-party social listening platforms. Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Demonstrated ability to create analyses that move beyond an explanation of ‘what happened’ to ‘why it happened’ and ‘what should be done’
- Experience with enterprise-level social management platforms such as Sprinklr, Spredfast, or Hootsuite required; experience with social listening tools desired
- Comfort with highly technical scientific products and information required; experience within regulated environments such as pharmaceutical or medical devices helpful
- Knowledge of advanced social media analysis tools and online influencer tools, including Influitive, Liquid Grids, SocialChorus, helpful
Bachelors in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or similar discipline. Masters Degree preferred, but not required.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.illumina.com/company/careers.html →