The secret to success at JPR: Everyone is purpose-driven. It’s what happens when a company culture embraces the art of strategy and a chance to shine brighter on the daily. The powerhouse agency—with offices in San Diego, LA, NYC and London—will take you further afield, connecting you to a top-tier roster of leading hotels, resorts, restaurants and travel destinations across the globe. We’ve garnered awards for a reason, having landed San Diego Magazine’s Cool Companies and SmartCEO Magazine’s Company Culture Award, recognizing our power to cultivate a creative, collaborative workplace. Praiseworthy? It’s what we do internally and for clients.
As a Publicist based in Southern California, you are an effective, confident communicator with your management team and trusted resource for junior staff seeking daily mentorship. With 2-4 years of public relations experience, you have a background/interest in the travel, hospitality, luxury lifestyle and the influencer realm. You are dialed into your account teams’ needs; eager to hone client management experience; and meaningfully seek interactions with key media—holding industry contacts in the highest regard. After all, JPR’s founding partner Jamie Lynn Sigler cites a singular source of her agency’s steady rise: Relationships. With your finger on the pulse of trends and passion for creativity, you are curious, driven and dedicated.
Publicist Duties & Responsibilities:
- At least 2-4 years of PR experience and previous agency and management experience is required
Able to format, develop, write and successfully pitch press materials including bios, backgrounders, fact sheets, media advisories and press releases
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to understand editorial calendars, identify relevant opportunities for clients and schedule pitches accordingly
- Maintain excellent relationships with our clients and media contacts
- Create, foster and leverage media and influencer relationships to produce stellar placements for our clients and exposure for JPR’s clients across various platforms and channels
- Creativity and initiative to develop press worthy programs and ideas for clients
- Master of reporting techniques and tracking placements
To apply for this job email your details to Hr@jpublicrelations.com