Website Mixte Communications
We empower nice companies to tell their stores
We are an Ocean Beach-based company doing business the right way with good people who want nice things for our communities. We’re grounded on simple principles that meet at the intersection of local business, community, environmental protection, social equity, healthy living and fun. Lots of fun.
Our account coordinator/assistant account executive will have two to three-plus years experience implementing public relations strategies and will have considerable experience coordinating with clients, presenting concepts, thinking creatively and getting results. In addition to implementing consumer public relations programs, our account coordinator / assistant account executive will lead some extension-of-staff communication campaigns, including emails, social media, website maintenance, media relations, and internal communications. The perfect candidate will have relationships within San Diego’s social justice communities and have experience in geographic areas such as City Heights, communities south of I-8, Tijuana or other regions facing social justice challenges.
Reports to: Mixte Captain
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Client relationship building
- Developing and presenting concepts to clients
- Planning and thinking beyond the checked box
- Pitching, pitching, pitching — and pitching some more (local to national)
- Writing pitches, media alerts, blogs, social media, prep sheets and press releases
- More writing
- Management of social media channels
- Development of basic videos for presentations or social media
- Development of creative assets for social media
- Creating media and publicity opportunities
- Interviewing to uncover stories
- Coordinating editorial calendars and clipping media
- Managing media lists
- Be awesome, be flexible, be committed to the end result
- Love what you do
Required skills and knowledge:
- Experience in public relations
- Consistent client leadership
- Organizing priorities and basecamp communications
- Independent worker
- Ability to multitask
- Efficiency in work pace
- Attention to details
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Knowledge in these areas are a plus but not mandatory: HTML, Adobe Design Suites, email software, SEO and wordpress
- Agency experience is highly preferred
- Bachelors degree
- On-the-job experience or education related to PR or communications industries
Compensation & Culture:
- Salary range $40,000 – $50,000, depending on experience
- Complete benefits package including partially company-sponsored health insurance and vision insurance, company-sponsored dental and disability insurance,, two weeks vacation, nine paid holidays + two floating holidays, 40 hours of sick, monthly cell phone reimbursement, Mixte Adventures, and a company culture that will blow your mind.
- Mixte Communications, Inc. has a business casual environment that encourages its employees to ditch the car commute. We maintain a free food garden at our office, and work equal parts inside and outside at our office. We have open desk assignments, and can work remotely. We work and play in the communities we protect, and often run into one another while visiting our clients.
Tell me why you’re different, why you believe, why you’re the one. Be creative. Send a cover letter, resume and references to Jamie(at)gomixte(dot)com. No phone calls, please. We’re reviewing applications on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate. Mixte is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes diversity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org