Website Museum of Photographic Arts
The Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA) seeks an energetic, highly motivated, resourceful and detail-oriented individual with strong communication and marketing skills for the position of Marketing and Communications Manager, implementing a streamlined, cohesive and focused marketing plan that integrates online, social media, traditional print and public relations strategies.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as primary brand steward to maintain integrity and strength of MOPA’s brand.
• Coordinate and advise all museum departments to develop communications strategies and execution of marketing plans to maximize audience reach, grow museum’s attendance at programs, and elevate public awareness of museum’s endeavors.
• Manage and develop content for the museum’s social media sites with Marketing & Communications Assistant: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Flickr
• Facilitate museum communication with members and public. Design, write and distribute monthly email newsletters and other email marketing initiatives using MailChimp software. Plan and administer all public relations and marketing/advertising campaigns for the museum and its programming.
• Determine and maintain schedule of press release deadlines. Make staff aware of deadlines to encourage a timely transfer of information.
• Manage content and maintain timely upkeep of museum website. Work with staff to develop and implement new website technologies and features to enhance the sites and improve access to the museum resources.
• Draft and edit all press releases, pitch letters and fact sheets. Liaise with media outlets to pitch and develop stories to successfully garner local, regional, national and international media endorsements for exhibitions and programs on multiple media platforms, including newspaper, magazine, TV, radio and online coverage.
• Maintain updated style guide for the organization.
• Coordinate and oversee the outsourcing of all print collateral materials, including exhibition announcements, brochures, print ads, signage and promotional postcards.
• Manage correspondence with mailing house to coordinate museum collateral mailings.
• Implement and execute successful affiliate marketing programs with other San Diego institutions and organizations to share and leverage audiences, increase partnerships and support, and increase overall visibility to target audiences.
• Represent museum in various networking and partner events including the Balboa Park PR & Marketing Committee and the San Diego Museum Council.
• Develop and upkeep reports for website traffic using Google Analytics.
• Provide support for in-house special events as needed, including working and attending events.
• Other tasks as determined by the Deputy Director.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team with a variety of personalities. Must be flexible and outwardly enthusiastic. The candidate must possess:
• Minimum 3 years experience in marketing communications, preferably in an arts or non-profit organization.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications.
• Extensive knowledge and expertise of software pertinent to the position, including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign, Word.
• Candidate must be a motivated team player, self-starter, extremely resourceful, detail oriented, and superbly organized.
• Excellent writing and communication skills are required.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.