Scatena Daniels, a full-service public relations firm, seeks a highly motivated and skilled communicator for a position in its San Diego office. This position is comprised of client account work (traditional and digital PR strategy and outreach, social media strategy and outreach, etc.) and contributing to day-to-day office operations. Our clients are in the areas of education, arts & culture, financial services, healthcare, real estate, festivals & events, and philanthropy.
Duties and responsibilities
Client Management / Communications Strategy & Outreach – 60 percent
- Develop communications strategies to achieve awareness goals based on customer/competitor research, trends and past experience.
- Oversee activities required by clients, including developing strategy, pitching, management, and reporting.
- Research and identify media opportunities by surveying local and national media stories, editorial calendars and trends.
- Establish media relationships on behalf of agency to further client initiatives.
- Recommend various communications outreach activities to successfully reach audiences important to the client.
- Draft and finalize various media documents such as news releases, commentary articles, OpEds, blog posts, etc.
- Secure placements and manage interviews opportunities for broadcast, print, and online media outlets.
- Develop additional media tools (i.e., photos, images, video) to support media pitching and enhance placement process.
- Prepare clients for media interviews, internal communication opportunities and public appearances.
- Work closely with senior level executives, client leadership (Director level and above) and team, influencers and media.
Social Media – 20 percent
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Willing to learn more about and implement strategies needed to adapt to an ever-changing digital landscape (i.e. demographics, social media use, scheduling, message types, emerging social media networks, etc.).
- Create, curate and manage unique content (images, video and written) that others will find interesting and will share.
- Manage and grow client and agency social channels focusing on engagement and community growth.
- Conduct client social media trainings as needed.
General + Office Administration – 20 percent
- Create monthly client reports and conduct hour(s) audits.
- Monitor, measure and report on performance of various campaign and strategies.
- Update and manage WordPress website as needed.
- Source, develop and manage new business leads including support of new business proposals and presentations
- Perform day-to-day office tasks such as answering phones, checking voice messages, organization and other office needs as assigned.
- Maintain agency’s image and help grow agency awareness through attendance at targeted networking events as well as participating in firm’s social media efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent. 2-3+ years of hands-on communication agency experience (corporate communication experience may be considered).
- Superior organizational abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Possesses initiative and dedication to see projects and assignments through successful completion, on time and within budget.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in sourcing and crafting compelling pitches, news releases, commentary articles, blog posts, advertising copy, and other related content; Contributor to a blog is a plus.
- Experience working with diverse clients, organizations, and industries.
- Solid track record for generating positive and consistent media coverage across all mediums – broadcast, Web, print.
- Uses social media consistently executing social media strategy, managing an online community and acting as a digital brand advocate.
- Intermediate experience with Canva and Photoshop preferred.
- Proficiency in WordPress.
- Understanding of website analytics, search engine principles and social media tools.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of social media management software, and other communication related software and services (i.e. Cision, TV Eyes, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the Google suite and cloud storage.
- Working knowledge of photography and video production/editing.
- Sincere enthusiasm, excellent judgment and an accomplished presenter.
- Willingness to learn.
- Dedicated to continuous development and growth as a leader.
Email cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us why and how you would be a good addition to our team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com