Position will be responsible for a broad range of corporate communications, concentrated primarily on media and employees.
- Write compelling materials for internal and external communications, this includes but is not limited to, press releases, website content, internal emails, and other supporting documents with little editing required.
- Manage the tactical execution of internal and external communications plans and support the development of communications programs.
- Proactively review and develop timely content for Sempra.com. This includes developing and seeking out content from all Sempra Energy companies.
- Plan and execute select all-employee events.
- Oversee the production of corporate video projects, including executive photo shoots.
- Coordinate communications efforts across the Sempra Energy family of companies.
- Manage daily executive news summary report.
- Assist in managing outside resources, including public relations agencies and electronic news wire distribution services.
- Manage corporate media relations, including executive media training program and serve as media spokesperson.
- Be available 24/7 to respond to corporate or affiliate emergencies requiring communications support.
- Excellent writing, communications planning, issues and project management skills.
- Experience as a professional communicator with a focus on media relations and internal communications.
- Experience with digital content management and storytelling.
- Must be capable of building successful relationships with internal stakeholders, including those at the senior executive level.
- Financial communications experience desirable.
- Sound judgment, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Ability to manage projects against tight deadlines.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to work in a large, complex organization.
- Experience interfacing with senior executives.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills are plus.
- Bachelor’s degree. Journalism, communications or public relations education a plus.
- 5-10 years of corporate, agency or public-sector public relations experience.
To apply to this position, please reference job #18-2174 on our website www.sempra.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.sempra.com/careers →