Every year, PRSA SD/IC awards the annual Glen Broom Scholarship to a deserving college student who is pursuing their career in public relations. The chapter will award one $1,500 scholarship, and the qualifications are as follows:
- Full time student at a San Diego area state college or university who is a pre-public relations or public relations undergraduate major, or a major in an appropriately related field
- Registered for at least 12 units of undergraduate courses during the semester after being selected for the award
- Intend to pursue a career in public relations
- Attendance for a full year during the 2016-2017 school year
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- If you know someone who may qualify, please urge them to apply. The application can be found here. The deadline to apply is Dec. 1.
For questions, please contact Chapter Past President/Scholarship Chair Blake Nelson, APR.