PRSA SD/IC is accepting applications for one $1,500 Glen Broom PRSA San Diego/Imperial Counties Scholarship to be awarded to an outstanding Communications student pursuing a career in public relations.
Applications are due by Friday, May 4, 2018, and the scholarship will be awarded in October 2018 at the Chapter’s annual Bernays Awards event.
- Full time student at a San Diego area college or university, who is a pre-public relations or public relations undergraduate major, or a major in an appropriately related field such as Communications
- Registered for at least 12 units of undergraduate courses during the fall 2018 semester
- Intent to pursue a career in public relations
- Attendance for a full year during the 2018-2019 school year
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A letter of introduction (no more than two pages, double-spaced) outlining your professional aspirations, why you feel you deserve scholarship support, and what your public relations activities have included. Include information about your extracurricular activities in communications on campus, in the community or during internships
- Unofficial college transcript through Fall 2017
- A letter of recommendation for this scholarship from a PRSA member or faculty member who is active in public relations, communications or related courses, at the college or university you are now attending