In 1968, 20 years after its own establishment, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) founded the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). PRSSA cultivates a favorable and mutually advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners.
The student society aims to foster the following:
- Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
- Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
- Appreciation of Associate Membership in PRSA and eventually accredited membership
- To serve our members by enhancing their knowledge of public relations and providing access to professional development opportunities;
- To serve the public relations profession by helping to develop highly qualified well-prepared professionals.
Today, The Public Relations Student Society of America has more than 8,000 members in 248 chapters on college campuses across the country. For more information on the national organization, log onto www.prssa.org
San Diego State University has a local PRSSA Chapter. For more information, visit their website. For details on local PRSA San Diego/Imperial Counties chapter activities, please contact PRSA Board Member Maria McGregor.