The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Western District Conference will be held April 10-12, 2019 in downtown Phoenix. The conference will be hosted by the PRSA Phoenix chapter and seeks breakout session speakers and panelists from around the U.S., PRSA members and non-members alike, for a variety of topics relating to the public relations industry. The proposal deadline will be Friday, November 16, 2018.
Priority will be given to proposals that are visionary, forward-thinking and new. The official conference hashtag will be #PRMatters and attendees are particularly interested in resources and learning opportunities within the following subject categories:
- Advocacy: communicating the role and value of public relations; issues in public relations
- The Business Case for Public Relations: educating key audiences about public relations’ roles and outcomes, tactics and strategies; demonstrating the strategic value of public relations; research and measurement tools
- The C’s of Public Relations, including and not limited to: catalysts of change, community, communications, crises, convergence, creativity, content, collaboration, character, confidence and management control
- Communities: exchange of ideas, strengthening relationships among constituents, with the media and other partners
- Diversity and Inclusion: champion diversity of thought, cultures, disciplines, ideals, gender and age; benefits of diversity and inclusion; reaching niche audiences
- Education: lifelong learning; practical and professional guidance; business and management principles
- Ethics: comment on different vehicles on current issues having ethical implications for the profession; topical analyses and case studies
- Excellence: innovation; motivation; emerging trends; maintaining a knowledge-based culture; collaboration; best practices
Please read through the proposal guidelines carefully to ensure that your application meets the criteria. Also, please consider sharing with your colleagues and professional associations (and post on your/their social media accounts, too, if permissible). Again, note that the proposal deadline will be Friday, November 16, 2018.