Thank you for your interest in joining the Public Relations Society of America and the San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter. PRSA is the world’s largest professional public relations organization, and it offers a wealth of unique opportunities for public relations professionals at all steps in their careers.
PRSA members receive exclusive benefits, including industry publications, discounted or free access to professional development programming and priceless networking opportunities.
PRSA offers several different membership types and group membership. Members must sign up as a National member and also register as PRSA SD/IC Chapter member to receive Chapter membership benefits (see lists below).
Annual PRSA National dues for membership vary by type. Chapter dues for PRSA SD/IC range from $30 to $50. For more information, Membership and Volunteer Engagement Chair Rachel McGuire, APR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out a PRSA membership application
Renew your PRSA membership
Find PRSA SD/IC and other chapters
PRSA SD/IC Membership Benefits
- Networking and learning opportunities through local chapter luncheons and events
- Opportunity to attend our annual Edward L. Bernays Awards Mark of Excellence Award Ceremony, with registration discounts
- Opportunity to serve on the board at both chapter and national level.
- Social events to further industry camaraderie and connections
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) certification
- Mentorship Program
- First-rate job opportunities
- Resource Directory
PRSA Membership Benefits
- Receive Issues & Trends, a daily email, sent to your inbox every morning with the latest headlines, updates and relevant industry information.
- Read Strategies & Tactics, PRSA’s monthly newspaper, for how-to articles, career advice and PR trends.
- Find more professional development opportunities and thought leadership on the PRsay blog.
Find Agencies, Professionals and Resources
- Use our search tools, powered by CommunicationsMatch™, to find agencies, consultants, freelancers and service providers by industry and communications expertise, location, size, designations, diversity, and client experience.
- Create an agency profile to provide the information clients need to make the decision to shortlist and reach out directly to listed firms or send RFQs/RFPs online using Agency Select™.
- Attend the annual PRSA ICON conference to engage with public relations and communication professionals and students.
- Access contact info for colleagues in our searchable database exclusively for PRSA members.
- Ask questions, exchange ideas, get inspiration and share useful resources with fellow PRSA members in our private online community.
Member Perks and Savings
- Exclusive discounts at Office Depot, Ace Hardware, ADP, hotels and more.
- A 20% discount on one single-user subscription to AP Stylebook Online each year.
- Access the business insurance discount program from Gallagher Affinity.
- Car rental discounts at Budget and Avis.
- Business discounts through UPS®.
- Personal and corporate relocation service discounts.