In this webinar, you will get:
- A transparent, honest presentation of PRSA SD/IC’s work toward building better leaders as it pertains to equity, inclusion and diversity (EDI)
- An example of a structured three-year plan to achieve measurable outcomes as it pertains to EDI
- Context brought in by BIPOC industry leaders where they will speak on additional ways the industry as a whole can grow
- An example of an EDI process that can be applied in your organization
The San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter of PRSA is committed to leading a more diverse and inclusive organization.
Recent efforts have been put forth to become a more inclusive organization, which include reinstating a dedicated Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Between March and July 2020, D&I Committee Chair Jamie Hampton conducted listening sessions with our board. The goals in doing so were to create a baseline on how well-versed the current board is on EDI and gather observations based on ideas or perspectives commonly shared across the board.
Jamie built a report to highlight through-lines and make recommendations to help our Chapter be more representative of the communities we serve, and help each of us reflect on how we can become better leaders as it pertains to EDI.
During this event, we will share the results from the board assessment, which will include the following:
- Key takeaways
- Challenges and opportunities
- Next steps
PRSA SD/IC is hosting this online conversation to share these findings with other communications professionals in our field, and also to ensure accountability by making the report public.
Panelists will include:
- Keith Bryant, San Diego journalist and meteorologist currently working as a news producer at NBC7 and president of the San Diego Association of Black Journalists
- Jamie Hampton, PRSA SD/IC D&I chair and CEO of Mixte Communications and Tracks Public Relations
- Angel Mason Broadus, president and founder of Puzzle Pieces Marketing
- Kristine Mason Broadus, vice president of Puzzle Pieces Marketing
Jamie will present the report’s findings while Keith, Angel and Kristine will share insight on areas of improvement within the local PR industry.
We invite you to watch this important discussion in transparency and accountability.
If you are not able to purchase online via credit card, send a registration RSVP via email to Maggie Padilla at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment can be made prior to the event by check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard and American Express). Checks can be mailed to PRSA SD/IC, P.O. Box 28512, San Diego, CA 92198-0512.
For questions, not reservations, contact Arturo Garcia at email@example.com.